2013年1月21日星期一

Earth Friendly Cleaning Products - Are They For Real

How many of us have a love affair going on with bleach? I love Bleach. It kills germs, cleans clothes their whitest, let's me relax, thinking that I am doing the best job with bacteria and germ control. What is not to love about bleach? Let's talk about it.

Chlorine bleach is a chemical compound, sodium hypochlorite mixed with water in a 5.25-percent solution. This is a very common bleach used in household cleaning. Using this solution kills molds, fungus, bacteria, virus and disinfect's surfaces. We all have experienced that horrible feeling when you brand new expensive white shirt gets's splattered with something purple. One of the quickest cleanups that works is Clorox. Clorox does do the job but is it safe for you and me?

composite fence

The most common problems people experience when using bleach are inhalation of fumes which can cause Eye, Skin and Airway irritation. If accidentally mixed with other cleaners it can cause a toxic gas plume. If ingested, bleach can cause harm to your digestive tract and worse. Letting bleach sit on the skin can cause a chemical burns. There is no antidote for bleach poisoning. You are to wash the affected area with copious amounts of water and seek medical care. There is quite a bit of information regarding environmental issues with bleach such as water contamination, poisoning soil and plants.Outdoor Decking Board

 

Today we see a variety of earth friendly cleaning products in the store, but are they for real? Do they thoroughly clean and disinfect as much as the advertising wants you to believe? The answer is yes and no. One household recipe for disinfecting is Borax, baking soda and lemon juice combined to form an excellent cleaner and disinfectant. For bleaching clothes and stain removal, dry oxygen bleach works well, as well as borax. In addition, 1/2 cup of white vinegar added to your laundry load may help whiten clothes. Okay I have tried borax. I do like Borax I feel it work on ordinary kids stains and household cleaning. I do however use a combination of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, water and a few drops of an essential oil to clean my bathroom floors and commode. This mixture seems to keep everything disinfected and fresh. I do have to use a bit more elbow grease on some cleaning. Jobs but normally I use the same as any other cleaner. I keep the mixture in a labeled spray bottle, so it's easy to dispense. I have not calculated the cost, but I do believe it is cheaper than store cleaners. Sometimes you run across a household job or a clothing stain that does not respond to alternative methods and the beach has to come out.Wood Plastic Composite

You will see already mixed alternative green cleaners in the store. You do have to be careful and read the labels. Seventh Generation is a favorite of mine. Also, method cleaners do work nicely. I like them in my kitchen.

I do feel alternative green cleaners work. Like I said above, I still keep a bottle of chlorine bleach in my house. When I come across a job that the alternative will not fix I do use Clorox. I am careful when I use it and only use it when needed. Bleach is no longer part of my daily cleaning. Not even weekly cleaning. I do feel better about what is being put into the environment when I am not using chlorine bleach.composite fencing vs wood

So, go for it give earth friendly cleaning product's a try. Mix up your own or purchase a bottle that is already mixed for you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and you will be doing something good for yourself, family and environment.

没有评论:

发表评论